Why you should choose a pediatric dentist for your child
We talk a lot about how our pediatric dental practices make visiting the dentist more fun for kids, and we really do make it fun! However, there are actual medical differences between pediatric dentistry and general dentistry, and it’s important for parents to know why they are significant.
- Pediatric Dentists are specially trained to treat developing teeth. They know the specific issues that children face, including cavities and gum problems.
- Pediatric Dentists understand how baby teeth grow and develop and can keep an eye out for potential issues that could affect the development and health of your child’s permanent teeth.
- Pediatric Dentists understand how things like thumb sucking, pacifiers, and even bottle drinking can affect the health and development of your child’s teeth.
- Pediatric Dentists use special equipment for treating young children and their smaller mouths. Sometimes the equipment is even designed to be less intimidating, thus more kid-friendly.
- Pediatric Dentists are trained to make small children comfortable and handle special circumstances like a child who has sensitivity issues or fear of the dentist.
Our offices are extremely kid-friendly, featuring bright and fun décor, special education props, and even iPads for entertaining our little patients. But the most important feature of our practices is our specially trained Pediatric Dentists and Hygienists who are here to make sure your little one stays healthy and happy. It’s important not to take a one size fits all approach to your family’s dental care. Working with a pediatric dentist is one of the best decisions you can make for your child’s long-term oral health.